2011-06-14

The End of Hearing: filming #1

For the purpose of a film, some necessary changes were to be made in my initial script:

1. the name of the think tank should have been changed. Trade-off Futures Institute sounds good, but it does not indicate any connection with design—and this is very important in my work, as I try to redefine the role of a designer.

2.the scripts should be 3 times shorter. Otherwise all that reading will bore the viewer to death... and will take definitely more than 20 minutes. In a gallery, in which there is 55 other work to be seen, no one has that much time to spend. My films should be something in between 5-8 minutes.

3. There need to be more focus on the role of design in my project. The scenarios are all fine and intersting, but there is no way I can communicate all scientific evidence for each of then in a 1-2 minutes long presentation... I need to focus and shorten the script, as well as make it more dramatic. Dramatic is always good.

So, to conclude, what I came up with can be heard in the films that I will link to later on. The voice-over for the film was recorded by my sister. Thank you for all your generous help, Dotty!