2010-12-13

radio experiment #3

Having done both receiving and transmitting radio signals, I approached a more sophisticated design of a radio receiver with an MK484-1 AM radio integrated circuit, which became the heart of this experiment. I also used an antenna coil with a ferrite rod for tuning, a variable capacitor, a 100k and a 1k ohm resistors, a 0.01 and two 0.1 microfarrad capacitors, and a 1,5V battery. Finally, I also prepared three one-pence coins, which were used to integrate the circuit. To put all these components together I dug out an old Soviet solderer of my grandfather's.



Everything neatly fits into a nice clip-bag and receives 4-5 local AM radio stations.
Shortly after building this receiver I learned that this does not look good in ones hands on any means of transportation in London...